🌻The shatkarmas consist of six groups of purification practices.
The aim of hatha yoga and, therefore, of the shatkarmas is to create harmony between the two major pranic flows, ida and pingala, thereby attaining physical and mental purification and balance.
🦋 Neti: A process of cleansing and purifying the nasal passages. Practices included in this category are: jala neti and sutra neti.
🍀Jala Neti- The neti pot gently washes away excess mucous, bacteria, pollen, allergens and viruses from the sinuses.
It is VERY important to remove any excess water from the nasal passage!
• Removes the mucus and pollution from the nasal passages and sinuses.
• Helps managed asthma, bronchitis and pulmonary tuberculosis.
• Helps to relieve allergies, colds and sinuses.
• Relieves muscular tension of the face and nervous tics.
• It alleviates anxiety and depression.
• Helps to awaken Ajna Chakra (brow chakra).
🍀Sutra Neti –
*Sutra means thread, and neti or niti refers to a prescribed system or process. This is described as ‘yoga for cleaning your sinuses and is thought to relieve a blocked nose, ease headache, sinusitis and so on.
💫 Sutra Neti is designed to clear the nasal passage to get rid of mucous, bacteria and to ease allergies and asthmas (by helping desensitize the sensitive inner tissue).
💫The benefits are the same as for jala neti.